Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Five "S" Day

I just got back from world peace prayer day went to add to what I had already written for today and mistakenly erased the whole darn thing which I of course did not take the time to save.....

My recollection for the day was how it was shitty, sad, sucky and many other negative S words, but after having gone to the center and chanted, it was probably appropriate that it got deleted.  Doesn't mean I didn't feel all those things today, but they all passed and in the end I still choose to be happy and see challenges as an opportunity to chang my karma and be victorious.  My choices,  my life,  my happiness.

Still, I am glad to be heading home tomorrow.  While it has been a nice time it wasn't a great time.  I was able to see and be in a state I needed to check off, got to see a man strip out of his suit to take off underwear and put the suit back on again (His wife was so embarrassed when she realized I was there and kept apologizing) got to go snorkeling for the first time and am sitting on my balcony listening to     a live band playing for a wedding.  Good thing they are good.  Mostly mellow.  Hawaiian and classic tunes.  No rap hip hop yet.

Lots of other moments that stand out, but lots of moments that gave me too many reminders that when you go to a single place for a period of time, it is good to have someone to hang out with.  When you travel by car from place to place there are fewer reminders that you are on your own.  Or maybe I just was not great me company this trip.

One more day and I will be headed home.....that seems splendid, super, satisfying,  and simply good.


No comments:

Post a Comment