Friday, November 30, 2012

Was my face Red

Decided I still had time to catch the trolley and head downtown after having my youth enhancing facial.  I thought I would take in the International Market, find a place to have a Miati and possibly look for a place to eat.

The market was okay but I was not into tourist type trinkets......once back on the street i ended up having an ambassador of Oahu see me checking out my map and ask if i needed help finding anything.  Who better to ask where to get a drink and a place to be near the beach?  He steered me to "Dukes" which was also a restaurant recommended by the shuttle bus driver and the tour driver.  Of course Somewhere in my past i think I may have heard of duke kanakanna something who put Hawaii surfing on the map but could not put any more details to my memory bank. The place was very busy and I was just about to give up when a seat at the bar opened up.  Lucky me.....i sat next to Steve who lives in Arizona, originally from California and is in the real estate business and is buying places in Hawaii, CA and AZ and flipping them.  He said he is doing very well right now and thrives on the risk taking.  Great person to have a good bar chat with.  He knew lots  about Duke and surfing too.  Of course he was 37 and cute.  I was thinking I was not that bad - especially since I had a wonderful facial that I was sure took at least a year off my face.  Thank goodness It was not until I got back to the hotel and my room that I looked in the mirror and saw this bright red face that was either sunburned or raw from the exfoliation treatments.  Either way, I am thinking that the old adage "ignorance is bliss" worked in my favor this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment